Friday, August 5, 2011

Will we be allowed to grow old?

I spent the day with my bestie yesterday, and a couple of her sisters.  We were talking about make-up and mascara and then we started talking about Latisse, which, for those who don't know, is supposed to stimulate your eye lashes to grower, longer, thicker and fuller. I had previously heard that after using it your eyelashes fall out! LOL that's not the case, I did some research on it today.  Turns out they just shrink down to their normal size after you stop using it, it was WELL OVER $100/tube.  I really wanted it but that's kind of expensive so my cheap little self, google-d other options. I found a comparable product, "iQ derma-something or another" It ended up being $25 including shipping, one tube is supposed to last a minimum of 3 months- we will see...

ANYWAYS, all of this got me to thinking... I wonder if there will come a generation where the woman will be simply not allowed to grow old? Will it be unheard of to accumulate wrinkles? To really age... There are enough creams/pills/cosmetic procedures now days to ensure the appearance of a woman's body.. and lets be frank, as I've said before, everyone wishes their own individuality (I will not call them flaws) away. So eventually, will the price be right to have the look of "perfection".  I'm not even self-conscious about my eye-lashes! In fact I really like them. I just wanted prett-ier ones.  So my insecurities... Will I put a price on them as to how much I would pay to change those things I am not-as-comfortable with. Good Question I think.  I've always wanted a breast aug. and I do think that that's something I will someday get.  I don't hate my boobs now, but as I've said, I have a very FULL butt- at any weight, and it would be nice to have the boobs to match.  For now the VS Bombshell bra is helping, however even those are $60 a piece.. (and I have way to many bras/underwear) So that isn't a "cheap" option.  Well then where do you stop? And is having fake nails/colored hair really that much different than having a face lift or your boobs done? As far as I'm concerned.. only the price tag is, and women everywhere value their self-image... What's the retail value for a nice ass, perky boobs and a youthful face? YOUR DECISION.

No comments:

Post a Comment